Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Central Oregon LandWatch places a high value on the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice both internally and throughout the Central Oregon community. We believe that environmental justice is an essential aspect of pursuing justice as a cause more broadly and that each person regardless of age, class, ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic is inherently valuable as an individual and entitled to respect, consideration and inclusion. In working toward accomplishing our mission, Central Oregon LandWatch believes that in preserving Central Oregon’s natural resources and livable communities, a just society for all people is more possible.
Values and Guiding Principles
- Preservation of farm and forest land, rivers and springs, wildlife habitat and livable communities ensures that Central Oregonians are better able to reach their full potential.
- LandWatch must consider the experiences and perspectives of diverse groups of people to ensure that as an organization we are not contributing to the marginalization of the above-mentioned groups as we pursue our mission.
- LandWatch recognizes that diversity, equity and inclusion are values that require a constant examination of structural bias.
- LandWatch attempts to understand opposing viewpoints, and is willing to undergo critical self-evaluation.
- LandWatch believes that diverse experiences enhance our work.
Vision for Equity
We believe that healthy ecosystems, intact rural lands and livable urban communities are essential conditions to an environment where every Central Oregonian can reach their full potential. In the spirit of the land use planning system, it is LandWatch’s vision that Central Oregon’s natural resources and livable communities be held in trust for future generations, so that all Central Oregonians enjoy access to healthy waterways and clean drinking water; healthy food and the opportunity to produce it; accessible communities with character; wild places to explore; and vibrant ecosystems that characterize the Central Oregon way of life.