Applications due by August 10th, 2017!
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner with excellent interpersonal skills to produce community awareness of our BCD Initiative and build support for Central Oregon LandWatch’s mission. This will be a part-time, temporary position through November, 2017.
The ideal candidate for the Event Coordinator role will be an experienced organizer with the ability to manage the logistics of several events simultaneously. The Event Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process, including collaboration with subcontractors and other partners, reserving venue, program details, menu development, printing and design of materials, guest management, and budget tracking
- Coordinate marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Specify staff and volunteer requirements and coordinate their activities
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Manage event day-of and coordinate clean up as necessary.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems as the event day approaches
- Serve as an ambassador for the BCD Initiative and help with outreach to landowners and businesses
- Help to document activities prior to and during the events for internal and external communications
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Responsibilities may include other support aspects for the organization’s activities
- Ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated experience planning events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Must be a self-starter who requires little to no supervision to meet goals
- A great sense of humor!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Creative event ideas to draw attention and get people excited
- Relationships with local businesses
- Passion for Central Oregon LandWatch’s mission
- Portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Interest in urban planning and land use issues
- Availability as an independent contractor
Compensation & Lifestyle
We believe a happy and healthy team is essential to our successful defense of Central Oregon’s natural resources. This position will be 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule and includes holiday and sick leave benefits. Compensation depends on experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com by August 10, 2017.
Central Oregon LandWatch is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified employees without regard to age, class, ability, race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic. We believe that environmental justice is an essential aspect of pursuing justice as a cause more broadly and that each person is inherently valuable as an individual and entitled to respect, consideration and inclusion.