Central Oregon LandWatch (COLW) is seeking specific proposals from interested Facilitators who are capable of strategic group development and facilitation, transformational conflict resolution, and have experience working with diverse groups to achieve equitable outcomes, especially when related to community planning.
Target Start Date: August 20, 2018
Reports to: Operations Director
Status: Part-time (~20hrs/week), hourly, non-exempt, temporary six-month position with a possible extension contingent on funding
Compensation & Benefits: $14/hour, PTO, professional development opportunities
We are looking for an adaptable and resilient Development and Engagement Coordinator to help us protect Central Oregon’s natural resources and livable communities. LandWatch believes that a happy, healthy, engaged team is critical to our success, and we acknowledge that an individual’s family structure, home life and cultural values impact their workplace needs. We strive to offer a respectful, flexible environment where work/life balance can be achieved to the greatest extent possible, as well as an environment where individuals feel valued, challenged, and supported in their professional goals.
Primary responsibilities will include:
· Assisting Operations Director with coordination of fundraising events including auction item procurement, logistics and some volunteer management
· Coordination of fundraising appeal letters
· Positively and accurately representing the organization in the community at tabling events
· Assist with the creation of content for emails, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
· Assisting Operations Director with administrative tasks such as filing, distribution of materials and management of other office and program systems
· Coordination of program related events and logistics
· Assisting other staff as necessary
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· Enthusiasm for the mission and willingness to learn
· Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects independently
· Cultural competence and experience working with diverse groups
· The ability to speak to the public on the organization’s behalf
· Excellent communication skills
· Nonprofit experience in fundraising, marketing and communication and/or administration
· Knowledge of social media platforms or willingness to learn
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Job Opportunity” in the subject line by July 26, 2018
Central Oregon LandWatch is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified employees without regard to age, class, ability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic. We believe that environmental justice is an essential aspect of pursuing justice as a cause more broadly and that each person is inherently valuable as an individual and entitled to respect, consideration and inclusion.
We are looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner with excellent interpersonal skills to produce community awareness of our BCD Initiative and build support for Central Oregon LandWatch’s mission.